Relaxing might seem like a foreign concept to most people who travel frequently for business, but it certainly isn’t impossible. In fact, unwinding might be the key to your success and productivity. If you feel stressed out while on a business trip, maybe the best thing to do is to take a nap on the beach rather than furiously prepare for your next business meeting. As humans, we need to relax in order to restore ourselves. You could think of our motivation as a lizard’s tail – sometimes the stress can get to the point where it gets cut off, but the moment you get some rest and take it easy is the moment it all comes back. Here are 5 tips to help you unwind on your next business trip.
- Head to the spa. Sometimes a nice, relaxing soak in the hot tub or a brief sojourn in the hotel sauna can get you ready for the next day or for an important business meeting. You might even want to include a Swedish massage on your spa itinerary. If you are traveling on the company dime, there is no reason why they shouldn’t cover a day at the spa.
- Arrive one day early. Arriving a day early will give you a whole 24 hours to prepare for your meetings and business at hand. Not only that, but it will also give you more time to unwind. After you spend a few hours preparing, take a dip in the pool and then head to the hotel restaurant for a nice meal – then head to bed early for some well deserved restorative sleep. Not only is it important to get the necessary documents and prospective sheets ready for your meeting, but it is also important to be physically prepared as well.
- Luxury travel. Traveling in style will allow you to get from the airport to the hotel with maximum convenience. There is nothing like leaving your gate and then finding your ride waiting for you – they’ll even help you carry your bags to the car and from the car to the hotel. For instance, Suncorp events transport is a great livery company if you are looking for transportation – not only to and from the airport, but also between meetings and business events.
- Eat well. There is nothing wrong with splurging on a big meal – either dinner or breakfast – when you are on a business trip. Again, if you are travelling with an expense account, having a big dinner can be a great way to unwind. Not only that, but eating well – not a lot – can increase your energy levels and motivation. It can also help reduce the stress of business travel.
- Work out. If you really want to unwind, try heading to the gym for some cardio exercises. Getting your blood pumping and your oxygen flowing can really boost your endorphins and reduce your stress levels. While you might not be on vacation, you will want to get some physical exercise on your business trip – you’ll thank yourself when you land that lucrative client.