If you own a small business, it’s important to have a marketing plan that is in line with your business plan. There are many ways that you can do this without spending a fortune – you just need to get a good idea of the basics. If you have no idea where to start, here are five affordable ways to market your small business.
- Have a strong social media presence. One of the best ways to really increase traffic to your website and awareness of your brand is to have a strong social media presence. If you have any young employees who have a tendency to spend a lot of time on their phones, you may want to charge them with the responsibility of managing your social media. That way, you can be sure that they’re actually doing something for your business while they’re on the clock and getting paid.
- Invest in strong search engine optimization. A strong SEO campaign is an essential component for any 21st century business. This is basically the art of producing tons of keyword-rich content on your website and in other key places online so that your website appears high on the search engine rankings when people search for the products that you sell. There are many ways to boost your rankings, and it may be wise to hire somebody who really knows the ins and outs of SEO to make the most of your efforts.
- Participate in community events. If you have a brick and mortar business, community events are one of the best ways to really get the word out about your brand. You want people to see that you are a business they should know about, and if possible, it’s great to have some kind of performance for the community to enjoy. If any of your employees have a talent that they would love to showcase, this is the perfect opportunity to give them that outlet and promote your business all at the same time.
- Offer discounts for loyal customers. Every business relies on the loyalty of a few wealthy patrons. If you want your customers to keep coming back for years to come, it’s important to have some incentive for them to choose you over your competitors. Aside from showing interest in who they are and how things are going for them, you want to get an idea of what keeps them coming back, and offer them discounts for keeping your business running. If you contact Invenio Solutions, you can get several ideas for what kinds of discounts are best for your particular type of business.
- Give out stickers or magnets. Whenever someone makes a purchase at your store, it’s nice to give them something to remember you by. If you make products for children, it’s not a bad idea to give away stickers with your logo on them. Kids love to put stickers on their favorite possessions, and that will serve as free exposure for your business to all their friends. Magnets are also great because everyone uses their refrigerator every day, and magnets are a great way to put your brand into the consciousness of your customers on a daily basis.