As the owner of a brick-and-mortar business, it is up to you and only you to make sure that your establishment stays afloat. When it comes down to it, you owe it to yourself, your partners and your employees to keep things profitable. This is why marketing is so important, but it is also important to find some ways to promote your small business. It doesn’t matter if you have just started your business, or if you have been around for twenty years, it is never too late or too early to start this process. Of course you will need a plan, especially if you have a shoestring budget. It can be a challenge to think of some ways to promote your business without a lot of capital. That whole thing about spending money to make money is true. Here are some low cost ways to promote your local business.
- Boost your SEO – the truth of the matter is that boosting your SEO is essentially free. You may have to pay a consultant a small sum, but you can actually do a lot of your SEO yourself. For instance, you can get into the backend of your website and add keywords. You can also add location tracking to really boost your search engine optimization.
- Talk about your business – this may seem too simple, but you would be surprised as to how far word of mouth can go. When it comes down to it, all you have to do is go out into your community and let people know that your business is there and doing great things. You can also go to community mixers and other events with business cards or other marketing materials. You don’t need to overdo it, but you want to bring your business up when the timing is right.
- Organize your own event – if your community is a little light on events, you could put together your own event. At this event, you could offer your product or your service at a discount, or even for free. If you are starting a restaurant, you could make a fixed menu and then let people try your food. You will be amazed by how many people will come back to your business or recommend your business after this event.
- Post a sign – a business without a sign is an incomplete business. When it comes down to it, your sign announces that your business is a part of your community. Moreover, your sign will let people know that your business is open. This is especially important if you are next to a fast moving road. There are many places – like SignPost, Inc. - where you can make and purchase a sign.
- Build a newsletter – one of the greatest ways to promote your business is to send out weekly or monthly newsletters. These newsletters can go to all your local customers. Whenever you have a special deal, you can blast it out. In the end, you could even offer discounts just for signing up.